Below are some benefits of joining the Washington State Twin Registry:
- Enrolling with us takes a moment and provides an opportunity for you to advance health research.
- Enrolling does not require you to participate in any of our studies. If you indicate your potential interest in study participation and are eligible for a particular study, we will contact you with information; you can then decide if you would like to participate.
- Twin studies are interesting and give researchers the opportunity to better understand genetic and environmental influences on health and illness.
- Certain studies may invite twins to travel for a study and/or provide compensation for participation.
- Our twins enjoy being part of an organization that contributes to the health and well-being of society and generations to come.
- Enrolled twins receive birthday cards and a newsletter containing information of interest to twins as well as updates on the progress of the Twin Registry, information about current studies and more.