In preparing your application, please remember that the Washington State Twin Registry (WSTR) will consider the following elements in their evaluation of your application:
- Scientific merit of the proposed project.
- Necessity of using twins to accomplish the scientific aims.
- Level of subject burden imposed on members of the WSTR. Typically, the WSTR grants access only to projects that present no more than a minimal risk to member twins.
- Privacy implications of the project for potential participants.
- Principal Investigator’s record of peer-reviewed publication in the field addressed by the project.
- Availability of current funding and potential to generate significant long-term federal or private funding for future work.
- Project’s contribution to a balanced research portfolio for the WSTR.
- Current level of demand on WSTR staff by other research projects.
- Potential for overlap with ongoing WSTR studies.